We all know that “happiness” is hard to manufacture but when you hear a claim such as a face powder giving you a sense of euphoria, you can’t help but be curious. I have to admit that I was drawn to the claim and had to try Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Powder. A face powder the evens out skin tone, highlights and leaves you with a happy feeling is a lot to accomplish in one compact.
Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Powder
- Retail price: $13.95 (wait for a drugstore sale or pick up this set.)
- Comes in 4 shades: Translucent, Beige (my color), Light Bronzer and Bronzer.
- Adorable hot pink compact with hearts imprinted into the product. Each heart is a varying shade which can be used swirled together with a fluffy face brush.
- One pink heart in the compact can be used alone on the apples of the cheek to add an extra pop of color.
- Mirror and two tone travel brush are included in the bottom half of the compact.
The Claim (from their website):
- Happy Boost Blend featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins.
- The sweet scent of Violet rounds out the experience by providing a feeling of joy each time you apply the powder.
The scent was delightful and I love the smell of violet. But did it infuse me with a feeling of happiness or joy? Sure, when I have time to sit back and notice the smell as I apply it. But on mornings when I’m in a rush and applying my makeup at lightning speed, there is no time to stop and smell the powder.
I have owned this compact for about a year now and noticed that the smell disappeared altogether from the compact after the first month of use so the happiness scent is fleeting.
This has been a reliable highlighter. The texture is silky smooth and the shimmer is finely milled so I never look like a strobe light when I apply it all over. Top the apples of your cheeks with the bright pink heart and this product easily achieves two effects. I wish the pink heart was bigger though because most of my blush brushes are too big to target that little heart for concentrated color.
One trick I really like is applying the pink powder along the inner corner of my eye and draw it down a bit. It helps diffuse the darkness there without having to cake on concealer. If you don’t want to wait for a sale to pick this up and give it a try, I would order this set from Amazon which includes a lipstick for a couple dollars less than the powder alone!
This multi-purpose powder has earned its space in my makeup bag lately. What do you think of this feminine face powder? Let me know you thoughts below. 🙂